Guest Care Coordinator
The below job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by team members assigned to this job. It is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and is subject to changes and exceptions at the discretion of senior management.
Job Title: Guest Care Coordinator
Position Purpose: To support the Salon & Spa Manager and Assistant Salon & Spa Manager in all areas related to the day-to-day management of the retail and salon operations and to provide excellent service to Nurtur the Salon retail and service guests.
Competencies: Everyone in the organization must demonstrate these competencies:
- Initiative: Taking ownership of our work, doing what is needed without being asked, following through
- Guest Focus: Striving for high guest satisfaction, going out of our way to be helpful and pleasant, making it as easy as possible on the guest rather than our department or the salon
- Efficiency: Planning ahead, managing time well, being on time, being cost conscious, thinking of better ways to do things
- Collegiality: Being helpful, respectful, approachable and team- oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment
- Quality/Compliance: Achieving a standard of excellence with our work processes and outcomes, honoring Nurtur the Salon policies and all regulatory requirements
- Communication: Balancing listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, influencing others, keeping others informed
- Coach-ability: Being receptive to feedback, willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement
Essential Job Functions: The duties noted below are considered to be essential job functions for one of the following reasons: performance of duty is why the job exists, failure to perform the duty may have serious consequences, limited number of employees available to perform duty, or the duty requires special skills.
- 70% of time is spent educating guests on product knowledge, service specials and pre-booking appointments
- 20% of time is spent providing AVEDA rituals to guests
- 10% of time is spent on special projects
Description of Duties: Work in partnership with the Salon & Spa Manager, Assistant Salon & Spa Manager and Guest Care Managers to:
- Demonstrate a strong understanding that the spa/salon industry is “high touch,” meaning that it requires strong interpersonal skills and attention to the needs of others. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Ability to be both positive and cooperative
- Ability to empathize with others
- Ability to be aware of my impact on others
- Ability to be flexible
- Ability to accept and use feedback from instructors, staff and students
- Ability to motivate myself
- Ability to learn from experience
- Ability to deal with frustration in a constructive manner
- Ability to deal with conflict in a constructive manner
- Ability to express feelings effectively and appropriately
- Ability to take responsibility for myself
- Ability to demonstrate self-knowledge, self-acceptance, and emotional stability
- Ability to demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Continually be focused on hospitality, guest care and service excellence. This includes but is not limited to:
- Each guest is to be verbally greeted in a kind and welcoming manner.
- Serve each service and retail guest a beverage.
- Treat every guest as if it is their first visit to Nurtur the Salon.
- Build relationships with guests by remembering their name and building a personal connection with them.
- Provide a tour of the Salon and Spa to all new guests.
- During times when traffic is slow, provide support to other team members to ensure guest satisfaction is met during their service experience. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Assisting the guest service team with making confirmation calls and scheduling appointments.
- Cleaning, dusting and restocking shelves.
- Maintaining back bar products in the color area, shampoo room and styling stations.
- Assisting team members who are working with guests.
- Maintaining and enhancing the overall look of the salon by replacing light bulbs, sweeping floors, mopping floors, vacuum floors, cleaning restrooms, collecting trash / recycling, laundry, hot towels are replenished in hot towel cabby, sanitize the shampoo beds, bowls and zero gravity chairs, sanitizing implements, dishes, replenishing and refreshing hospitality table, oiling hardwood surfaces, check magazines to ensure issues are current and the pages are in good condition, clean hair traps in shampoo bowls, providing an overall sanitary environment.
- Assist in completing the Aveda Points of Difference service cycle with every service guest as determined by Nurtur. The service cycle includes, but is not limited to:
- Reservation (scheduling of initial appointment)
- Welcome (greet each guest with “Welcome to Nurtur” or “Welcome to Aveda,” offer a beverage and a tour of the Salon and Spa)
- Consultation (discover needs of guest, outline products being used for service to achieve results, offer visual tools for suggestions and clarify objective, quote pricing for the service, discuss future maintenance)
- Stress Relieving Ritual (head, neck and should massage techniques in zero gravity chair or a hand and arm massage techniques)
- Shampoo Ritual (includes shampoo plus scalp massage)
- Service Ritual (haircut, color)
- Finishing Touch (quick make up application)
- AVEDA Homecare (product recommendations)
- Save the Date (pre-booking)
- Follow the Aveda service cycle with every retail guest as determined by Nurtur. The service cycle includes, but is not limited to:
- Connect (welcome each guest with “Welcome to Nurtur” or “Welcome to Aveda,” offer a beverage and a tour of the Salon and Spa)
- Discover Needs (do a consultations with each guest, ask at least 3 questions to determine their needs with their skin/hair)
- Offer Solutions (recommend a product system of at least 3 products, demonstrate the use of those products through an Aveda
- Ritual- Stress Relieving Ritual, Hand Ritual, Finishing Touch, Sensory Journey, ask for the sale and tell the guest about Pure Privilege)
- Save the Date (schedule a date for a service with Nurtur the Salon and give the guest a menu of services)
- Must partner with all team members to ensure a consistent, quality experience for the guest by ensuring their appointments are scheduled accurately. This requires having vast knowledge on Nurtur professionals’ specific individual needs.
- Must assist the Nurtur Professional on pre-book guests for the appropriate amount of time and services; then look ahead on appointment book to ensure appointments are booked accurately in order to maximize all salon stations and treatment rooms.
- Refer all guest challenges to a Guest Services Manager. All guest challenges must be handled in a proactive manner, with ultimate guest satisfaction as the main objective.
Coach the Nurtur Professional team to ensure they are focused on hospitality, guest care and service excellence.
- Assist in the planning, coordination and execution of a complete and accurate physical inventory as required.
- Maintain strong product knowledge and assist in the education of Nurtur Professionals, Guest Services Coordinators and other Guest Care Coordinators on new and existing products.
- Proactively manage the appointment book by identifying opportunities to up-sell services, effectively inform guests of current promotions, maintain a wait list for services, etc.
- Support the Marketing/Public Relations team in guest outreach initiatives. Assist in the planning, coordination and execution of special events.
- Enforce policies and procedures of Nurtur the Salon; serve as a role model to other team members.
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Manage the day-to-day behaviors of the Professional Staff including, but not limited to: attendance, dress code inspection, sanitation inspection, service behaviors, professionalism, use of down-time, daily productivity trackers are completed, etc.
- Project a professional image at all times to internal and external clients.
- Motivate self and team to accomplish objectives and goals.
- Assist Salon Management with ensuring that all required floor sets, window changes and collateral placement takes place in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in meetings and trainings.
- Participate in Aveda and Nurtur Corporate Events including PR/Marketing events, Holiday Event, Earth Month, Beauty for a Cure, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Maintain personal sales and achieve sales goals
Take initiative and accountability for the accuracy of information and for achieving results
- Motivate self and others to overcome obstacles and achieve goal
- Guest Care Managers
- Assistant Salon & Spa Manager
- Salon & Spa Manager
- Salon Operations Director
- Provide a five star level of customer service and ultimate Aveda experience for guests
- Work cohesively with Guest Care Managers and other Guest Care Coordinators
- Significant interaction with Nurtur Professionals, Guest Care and Guest Services team members and guests
- Interaction with team members from the Aveda Institute and outside vendors
- This position requires daily use of excellent communication, analytical, computer and problem solving skills. Required to spend majority of work shift interacting with guests and team members
- This position requires open availability and flexibility including mornings, evenings and weekend
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience with guest care in a retail, salon/spa or hospitality industry preferred
- Time Management: ability to organize and manage multiple tasks
- Organization: ability to demonstrate strong organizational skills
- Ability to make and implement decisions
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Eagerness to learn and grow in position
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule; including evenings and weekends.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; articulate in English
- Strong commitment to customer service excellence
- Commitment to company mission and vision
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to walk; stand for a minimum of eight (8) hours per day; sit; use hands to handle objects; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, talk and hear. Majority of shift is spent in a standing position. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include vision and the ability to read documents.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the team member is exposed to a noise level that is usually minimal to moderate.
General sign-off: The team member is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.