GIVING BACK LOCALLY AND GLOBALLY
At Nurtur Salon, philanthropy is deeply important to us. We give back locally and globally through many different programs, including Tip For A Cause, Breast Cancer Awareness, and Earth Month. To learn more about these programs read below and help Nurtur to make the world a better and more beautiful place.
TIP FOR A CAUSE
It’s all about giving back to sustain our local community. Each month, Nurtur partners with a local organization for our Tip for a Cause program. Our guests have the option to leave a tip for our Tip for a Cause in addition to leaving gratuity for their professional. Our staff also contributes to the Tip for a Cause program.
This March, April and May help us support Camp Oty'Okwa.
BEAUTY FOR A CURE
Each October, for Breast Cancer Awareness month, Nurtur holds our Beauty for a Cure event. For this one-day event, guests can receive a haircut, facial and other treatments for a minimum $20 donation to the Breast Cancer Fund of Ohio. Guests enjoy pink refreshments and inspiring stories as we celebrate life and work for a cure!
Check back closer to October for the date and time for this year's Beauty for A Cure event.
We take Earth Month seriously here at Nurtur. In fact, Earth Month at Nurtur is not only during the month of April, it’s March through May! Every year for Earth Month, we raise money for the Central Ohio Big Brothers-Big Sisters & Camp Oty’Okwa to advocate for environmental education in Columbus, OH. Our fundraising campaign includes:
- Beauty for the Earth Event. During this event, our service professionals offer haircuts, facials and other treatments for a minimum $20 donation to Big Brothers-Big Sisters in lieu of service prices. Guests love getting pampered for less and for the earth!
- Raffle Baskets. We collect donations from fantastic Earth Month sponsors in Columbus to create exciting raffle baskets for guests to win.
- Jeans for Green. If you see our team members sporting jeans during Earth month, you can thank them for their donation toward our Earth month efforts!
- Giving Tree. Inspired by the famous children’s book, our Giving Tree gives back to you and the earth! For a $5, $10 or $20 donation, you can pick a prize envelope from for a chance to win a prize ranging from a complimentary Aveda ritual to Nurtur Spa services! All donations go to our Earth Month partner, Big Brothers-Big Sisters.
- Earth Jam. Nurtur joins the Aveda Institute Columbus and Hauns Korpela from Scott J Salon for our annual fashion benefit at the Express Live! Pavilion. Institute students and Nurtur stylists showcase their creativity during this avant garde hair and fashion show. We also host a live auction and silent auction at this event. Proceeds benefit Big Brothers-Big Sisters & Camp Oty’Okwa.
Fashion Week Columbus
Nurtur The Salon is the hair sponsor for the city's premier fashion event-Fashion Week Columbus. Fashion Week Columbus is a certified nonprofit, with proceeds benefitting CCAD Fashion Design students and helps current fashion designers by giving them a platform and access to continue their careers as individual artists.